Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Today's thanks...

1. Voice Mail. I having been looking for information and my sister in law called today and left me a message while I was out with exactly what I needed. If I didn't have VM I would have missed out on the great details.
2. Scissors. Just think about all the wonderful things we do in life with scissors. None of those things would be accomplished if we didn't have them.
3. Light Bulb. I can't imagine working by candle light right now!!
4. Purse. I like to carry a lot of nick-knacks and I wouldn't be able to do so without a purse! It is also my diaper bag so it is even a two-for-one deal.
5. Big Carts at the Stores. Today I braved it and took all four kids shopping. Luckily I was able to find a big cart that allowed me to buckle in two of the kids. It helped tremendously. Now if I could just find something to control the volume while at the store I would be in heaven.
6. Piggy Bank. My kids are constantly finding coins here and there. It helps in saving. And gives me a place to put their money so it is not with them. I can then use the excuse, do you have your money? while at the store and avoid unnecessary purchases!
7. Babysitters. Do I really need to say anything about this? OK, just one word - FREEDOM!
8. Filing Cabinet. I sit here and look at a pile of things I need to put away. Then the thoughts occurs to me. If I didn't have a filing cabinet I would hate to see what my house would look like. Now I just need to get off my duff and put the stuff away.
9. Frequent Flyer Miles. I just booked some flights for a trip Josh & I are taking in November. I put in my frequent flyer number. Not that I have any where near enough points to get a free flight yet, just the thought and hope of one day getting that free flight gives me excitement.
10. Sales. Who doesn't want to save money?!?!? I mean, come on!

No comments: