Today I finally got my behind out of bed and started training for my half marathon in February (London's Run: http://www.londonsrun.org/). I am excited to run it, but have been avoiding the training. I did the 10K earlier this year and am determined to do the next step this next year. I had stopped running shortly after the last one due to a knee injury. I just never got back into the swing of things once it felt better.
I have a goal to run 75 miles before the end of the year. Today I did 2. It was a great start - now I just have to work up to the 13.1 of the run. I was extremely tired for the first couple of hours afterwards, but already feel better about myself. Perhaps I can loose the 10 pounds I gained that has everyone asking if I am pregnant!!!!!
2 comments:
I COMPLETELY understand the "having a hard time starting once I've stopped" dilemma! Good for you on starting again! I was so glad to see your comment on my blog! I was worried after Michelle's shower that it would be another 12 years. Let's keep that from happening, ok? You take care of yourself - no more knee injuries - and those sweet little ones of yours!
good for you! I hope you are not planning on doing most of that training on a treadmill.... that is why I did not do my marathon this year(and some other reasons too-like not getting all my training in, etc.) 1/2 of the training is O.K. but that is about it (speaking from someone who has done numerous 1/2 and full marathons) Way to go and let me know if you need any help or someone to run outside with :) I'd love a running partner...and who is asking you if you are prego? People need to watch what they say. I'm sure they all think I am too because I am a little "chubby" right now! I think you look really good so I don't know what you are talking about :)
Post a Comment