My sister (Michelle) and her family were coming to town for our sweet Alexis' baptism. As we were talking about plans for some reason I made mention about The Gila Valley Temple Open House. She suddenly said she wanted to go and take her family. The next day she informed me that they would be coming down the same day as planned, but they would do it by way of The Gila Valley Temple. They had already made their reservations. She told me that she thought I should pull the kids out of school and meet them there. I spoke to Josh about it and he said he thought it was one of the best things to pull the kids out for.
So that is just what I did. This past Thursday I pulled them out and met my sister's family and my cousin's family at the temple open house. The wind was something fierce that day. The kids were in a mood and Josh still had to work so I was on my own. (Somehow I find myself in that situation a lot - Josh gone and I decide to do something on my own with the kids.)
We made the drive over to the Central/Thatcher/Safford area. The drive was uneventful - other than the wind. It was all very worth it. The temple is beautiful. I was grateful that my children got to go see the inside of the temple before it is dedicated. I don't think they understand the significance at this time in their lives, but I pray it will be something they remember and as time passes hopefully it will come to mean much more.
At the end of a long trip, being quiet through the tour and then getting all hyper-ed up on cookies - the tour guides and helpers made the mistake of telling my kids they could have all the cookies they wanted. Before I knew it they each had about eight; oh, dear - we made it back to the outside of the temple for some pictures. The kids and me. (Thank you Brendon for hiding my fat pregnant belly)
I love this picture of my kids looking up at the temple!!!
9 comments:
It's not fat! You're pregnant! So be proud and show it to the world (this is really just a note to self though, and you won't see me taking pregnant pictures of myself any time soon).
We are going to the open house next Tuesday. I can't wait for Aidan and Emma to get to go inside and look around! Glad you got to go.
GLAD YOU GOT TO GO! YES IT IS A GOOD REASON FOR THE KIDS TO MISS A LITTLE SCHOOL. WE TOOK KADEN TO THE ONE BY OUR HOUSE JUST A COUPLE WEEKS AGO. HE IS ONLY 4 BUT ITS STILL GOOD HE GOT TO SEE. AND I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT DOING STUFF ON YOUR OWN WITH THE KIDS....I END UP THAT WAY ALL THAT TIME TOO. "WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU (OR MAKE YOU GO CRAZY) MAKES YOU STRONGER"
We pulled our kids last week too and took them. What an awesome experience for them all! Glad you got to go. BTW- I can't believe how close you are to having your baby! Its going so fast!
Cute pictures!! I love the one of you, Trish! So pretty.
We are making the trip down to the Gila Valley next week (and our kids are going to miss about 5 days of school...but my philosphy is that are many great things that you just can't learn in a classroom, so I don't think twice about it, so long as they catch up with school work). The Gila Valley is our stomping grounds from college and the 1st 7 years of our marriage. I cannot wait to take my kids thru the temple and to see many friends from long ago.
You look so beautiful in your picture, I bet Josh loves it. What a great chance for you guys to go to the open house, and nice you had family there with you. Hope you are doing okay
Vicki
This post made me a little homesick! Even though we are only a little less than an hour away, we still have not had the chance to go through the open house yet! We have reservations for the 15th. So thanks for posting some pics and sharing the story of your day! I love EA too, and the picture of you there! Glad it was a worth while trip for you!
Wonderful photos! You look great! We are pulling our kids out of school on Friday since it's a half day to go to the temple. I've been once with the youth but am excited to go with our family!
cute pictures! Gorgeous scenery.
Post a Comment