Yes - you did read that correctly.
This is why I have not been on my blog
- or any others for that matter since December.
I have been BUSY!!!
Did I mention that I have been BUSY?
Let me repeat that one more time - I HAVE BEEN BUSY!
Now I can sit back and relax, right? (We shall see)
It is hard to maintain the life of a wife (whose husband is going through transitions at work to transfer and is also in the Bishopric where the other two members are gone the vast majority of time), mother of 5 wonderful children, having a part time job from home, and over all busy person (serving and helping others, helping at the school, kids activities - you name it) AND get a home ready to sell.
Yet - through it all - Here it is.
Our little beauty that we are selling.
2200 Sq Ft, 4 Bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths + Den + Huge Loft.
This is why I have not been on my blog
- or any others for that matter since December.
I have been BUSY!!!
Did I mention that I have been BUSY?
Let me repeat that one more time - I HAVE BEEN BUSY!
Now I can sit back and relax, right? (We shall see)
It is hard to maintain the life of a wife (whose husband is going through transitions at work to transfer and is also in the Bishopric where the other two members are gone the vast majority of time), mother of 5 wonderful children, having a part time job from home, and over all busy person (serving and helping others, helping at the school, kids activities - you name it) AND get a home ready to sell.
Yet - through it all - Here it is.
Our little beauty that we are selling.
2200 Sq Ft, 4 Bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths + Den + Huge Loft.
It has served us well and I have been so grateful to have had such a wonderful place to call home for the last 4 1/2 years.
Josh and I have felt strongly that we need to move back (I say back because I am from there) up to the Phoenix Metro area. It has been a long process to figure all things out. We have been extremely prayerful about this for about a year now. We have taken this to the temple a few times and fasted about it often.
When things seemed to come to a stand still and we couldn't find answers that we needed or didn't know how to overcome the next hurdle we would turn to our Heavenly Father. Within a couple of days I would feel a strong prompting to speak to someone specific about what we were trying to accomplish. And after each little trial the miracles occurred and that person always had the answer that we were looking for.
Because we were trying to spare the emotional side of it from our children as long as we could we didn't tell them until two days before it went on market. We didn't want it to slip out from someone else to our kids before we had a chance to tell them - yah, that wouldn't go over well at all - we chose not to tell anyone about what we were doing, except for those few people who helped us along the way (afterward we swore them to extreme secrecy).
I know this is in God's hands, including the timing, and we have not really stressed about it (until the last 2 weeks). Things finally started moving along when we got the letter from Josh's employer outlining the plan so we had something concrete to go on to sell our home here and purchase one up there.
We thought we would have 30 even up to 60 days to get things ready while we sat around waiting for a pre-approval to sell it (yes, unfortunately we have to short sell. We have crunched the numbers for any other possible scenario and it is our only option. We feel at peace and know that it is right so we are moving forward). Instead, it could go up within three days of moving things forward with our realtor. I begged for another week.
Needless to say there were many sleepless nights - or nights with only 2 to 4 hours of sleep while I painted, touched up, de-cluttered, organized, got carpets cleaned, and worked like mad to get our home spotless. I know it is a short sale and comes "As-Is". However, I wanted a buyer to walk in and feel like they walked into "home". I wanted them to see how meticulously we cared for our home and know that there isn't a single thing that "has" to be done. Of course they could change colors or whatever, but it wouldn't be necessary.
Our hard work has paid off and after 3 days on the market it looks like we may have a buyer. It is actually some friends of ours. When they walked in they seemed to feel what I wanted the buyer to feel. I was so excited to see their excitement about our home. I know if things work out that our little baby would be taken care of and that it would be "home" to another wonderful family. I pray that if they are really that excited that things work out that they can get it.
Now with tears I see that our life it about to change drastically. Yes, we will dearly, dearly miss our wonderful friends here in Tucson. They have become our family. However, I am also filled with joy to be closer to family, closer to the temple, continue with our goals to get out of debt, and to just feel like we are making headway in life.
It will be interesting to see where this next chapter in our life takes us.
We are ready and waiting for it to start.
Maybe now I will have some time to document the last seven months. I have taken plenty of pictures. I just have to get them loaded and explained. So, today is the first of many updates of our last few months here in Tucson.
Josh and I have felt strongly that we need to move back (I say back because I am from there) up to the Phoenix Metro area. It has been a long process to figure all things out. We have been extremely prayerful about this for about a year now. We have taken this to the temple a few times and fasted about it often.
When things seemed to come to a stand still and we couldn't find answers that we needed or didn't know how to overcome the next hurdle we would turn to our Heavenly Father. Within a couple of days I would feel a strong prompting to speak to someone specific about what we were trying to accomplish. And after each little trial the miracles occurred and that person always had the answer that we were looking for.
Because we were trying to spare the emotional side of it from our children as long as we could we didn't tell them until two days before it went on market. We didn't want it to slip out from someone else to our kids before we had a chance to tell them - yah, that wouldn't go over well at all - we chose not to tell anyone about what we were doing, except for those few people who helped us along the way (afterward we swore them to extreme secrecy).
I know this is in God's hands, including the timing, and we have not really stressed about it (until the last 2 weeks). Things finally started moving along when we got the letter from Josh's employer outlining the plan so we had something concrete to go on to sell our home here and purchase one up there.
We thought we would have 30 even up to 60 days to get things ready while we sat around waiting for a pre-approval to sell it (yes, unfortunately we have to short sell. We have crunched the numbers for any other possible scenario and it is our only option. We feel at peace and know that it is right so we are moving forward). Instead, it could go up within three days of moving things forward with our realtor. I begged for another week.
Needless to say there were many sleepless nights - or nights with only 2 to 4 hours of sleep while I painted, touched up, de-cluttered, organized, got carpets cleaned, and worked like mad to get our home spotless. I know it is a short sale and comes "As-Is". However, I wanted a buyer to walk in and feel like they walked into "home". I wanted them to see how meticulously we cared for our home and know that there isn't a single thing that "has" to be done. Of course they could change colors or whatever, but it wouldn't be necessary.
Our hard work has paid off and after 3 days on the market it looks like we may have a buyer. It is actually some friends of ours. When they walked in they seemed to feel what I wanted the buyer to feel. I was so excited to see their excitement about our home. I know if things work out that our little baby would be taken care of and that it would be "home" to another wonderful family. I pray that if they are really that excited that things work out that they can get it.
Now with tears I see that our life it about to change drastically. Yes, we will dearly, dearly miss our wonderful friends here in Tucson. They have become our family. However, I am also filled with joy to be closer to family, closer to the temple, continue with our goals to get out of debt, and to just feel like we are making headway in life.
It will be interesting to see where this next chapter in our life takes us.
We are ready and waiting for it to start.
Maybe now I will have some time to document the last seven months. I have taken plenty of pictures. I just have to get them loaded and explained. So, today is the first of many updates of our last few months here in Tucson.
3 comments:
at leaste someone can empathize with all the feelings and emotions we had encountered this past year. From our situation to yours with porter working so hard to make all this happen and relying on faith I will say it is truly worth it and we could not be happier :) wishing you guys the best of luck with everything. Let me know if I can help in any way. I can't tell you how excited we are for porter to work 3 miles from home!!!
What?!?!?! I am going to miss you, but I am happy that you are happy with your decision. I can attest to how great it is to be close to family as Matthew's family and my mother all live in Tucson. Best of luck and stay in touch!!!!
trish- my friend jennifer took our pictures. she lives in flagstaff and was down here for christmas. and then i edited them. we took them in florence. and i told you all about the shoes on fb. aren't they awesome!!?!
Post a Comment