Monday, November 15, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween has come and gone and I am just now getting these pictures posted. As you can tell - I have been playing catch up over the last week. Still more to come so stay tuned!!!

So, on the Wednesday before Halloween Josh reminded me that his work party was the next day. A quick panic and then I remembered a conversation I had with a friend just that afternoon. I made a quick phone call and hooked us up with some "incredible" costumes. Let's just say that Josh and I are a little taller than the friends we borrowed them from but they were great for the reaction if nothing else.

I got these while we were there...
What can I say???
You know they say - a picture is worth a 1000 words. Hmmmm.

What does this one say to you????

I wasn't going to tell Josh that I had borrowed the Mrs. Incredible cosutme. I was just going to show up and surprise him at the work party. But when I was showing him the costume for him I said, "Sharon said that she and Lance both made it work with the mask and having glasses." Oops, that was the reminder to him that there was a Mrs. Incredible costume. He was being such a stinker about it and was even going to get the keys to the car to go get the Mrs. Incredible costume. I finally fessed up and told him I already had it and that he ruined my surprise!!
Still he didn't see me in it until I showed up at his work that day. Let's just say that the three places we wore them to we had a HUGE reaction. Mostly laughing, a lot of "that's great", a couple of "there are just no words". I don't think people were surprised by Josh. He just has that kind of personality - but me? Whoa! I tend to be a little more reserved in my personality when it comes to things like this - I think I shocked a few people. But let me tell ya, it was well worth it!!!!


These next few were taken before I left to go to the lab party.

Brendon excited to be Buzz
This is him "flying"And the back (Josh says it looks like he is peeing on the wall, sigh).
Our cute Bumble Bee - this was another one of the quick calls that I arranged the night before.
Thanks Karla for the hook up. I think Arianna pulled it off fabulously!!
We had sooooo many compliments on our cute bumble bee.

And of course, my little poser. She saw me take a picture of Buzz while he was sleeping (see below) so she posed and said, "Mom take my picture too."
This costume was another borrowed one. I was talking to a friend about what the kids wanted to be. Bailey really wanted Sleeping Beauty. I told her that it just wasnt going to happen. I was telling Laura about it and she said, we have a costume you can borrow. Really??? I have such wonderful friends don't I!!! I always feel so blessed!!!!
This was the after-the-fact picture. I guess the party wore him out.

I never did get any pictures of Alexis or MacKenzie - shame on me. MacKenzie was an evil queen. She was beautiful, but an "evil queen" doesn't suit her personality!! Alexis was Super Girl for our community event and our ward party. Then for a friends birthday/costume party she switched to a 70's Peace Out Girl. Lovely. She enjoyed both costumes. Brendon also made a switch. After the initial Buzz costume, he also wanted to be Dash Incredible. Since I had just borrowed the entire bag of Incredibles from my friend it was possible. He loved it, but wouldn't stand in for any pictures.

Here are the last two taken.
And of course the full length for the full effect. From one Incredible Family to another - Halloween down and the rest of the holidays to come!!!
Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Holiday Season this year!!!!!

3 comments:

camfox said...

very fun trish! Dressing up is so fun. Way to step out of your compfort zone!

Kimberly said...

you guys are so cute. We want to do that next year!

Mindy Dean said...

love the incredibles costumes! You scored a deal on borrowed awesomeness!! And you pulled it off fabulously.